Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pelvic floor exercises for 3.5 year old?

(8 Posts)
instantfamily Thu 15-Oct-09 21:17:29

Has anybody tried to teach their children kegel exercises? any hints?
at the moment the only way dd2 stays dry during the day is if I ask her to go to toilet about every hour or max hour and a half. I figure she's got nothing to loose by doing pelvic floor exercises.

ShinyAndNew Thu 15-Oct-09 21:20:04

I don't think its anything to do with with pelvic muscles.

I always thought it was down to the child recognising and acting on the urge to go to the loo.

Keep carrying on with the hints. She'll get it soon enough.

ScaryFucker Thu 15-Oct-09 21:22:17

I cannot think of any way you could teach such a young child to do pf exs

I think all you could do with her is practice stop/start when weeing, but not sure how advisable that is in a 3yo

I think you are at risk of giving her a bit of a complex, causing her to with-hold urine and that is a recipe for UTI's which you really do not want to happen

why don't you speak to the health visitor for some more body-friendly tips ?

instantfamily Thu 15-Oct-09 21:33:57

I am afraid she takes after her mother and my mother tried EVERYTHING with me - except for kegels. so i thought i might try.

i think she also feels bad about being the only one who still does it as her triplet sisters are dry both day and night.

ScaryFucker Thu 15-Oct-09 21:52:19

how old are the triplets ?

instantfamily Fri 16-Oct-09 15:18:53

ScaryFucker Fri 16-Oct-09 17:49:06

oh sorry, I misunderstood

I thought you had triplets as well as the other girl

you know, 3.5 is not really that old to not quite be dry

she is a baby still, and as you must know, multiple birth babies are often a little bit behind in their development

instantfamily Fri 16-Oct-09 18:09:46

thanks for your thoughts. i'll try to relax a bit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now