Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone know if its possible to get children's eye patches with characters eg ben 10 etc

(9 Posts)
sylar Thu 15-Oct-09 20:39:25

DS1 is going to have to wear one and want to make it as "cool" as possible.

demonpants Thu 15-Oct-09 20:57:20

HI Im only semi useful here, I know you can get definately get character eye patches as an ex- schoolfriend of my little boy wears them but I dont know where the are from, and we have now moved (hence the ex) have you tried googling it?

tiredemma Thu 15-Oct-09 20:58:57

Ds2 has some with a variety of patterns on, Camo, cars etc

MrsBadger Thu 15-Oct-09 20:59:59

or get packs of Ben10 etc stickers and let him customise the plain ones

SolidGhoulBrass Thu 15-Oct-09 21:00:42

Is it the fabric type that slots over glasses, the rigid plastic piratey type, or the disposable elastoplast ones? Because if it's either of the first two, why not let DS customize it with stickers, drawings etc?

My DS has the elastoplast ones that we haven't done much with, but he only has to wear one for an hour a day and in our case as long as that hour is spent doing things he likes (ie TV or computer, which I have in fact been advised to let him do when wearig the patch) he is fine with it.

theagedparent Thu 15-Oct-09 21:05:09

how about these

sylar Thu 15-Oct-09 21:18:05

He will have to have glasses since the bad eye is very bad and won't be able to see without correction and so it will be the type that slot over glasses. I'm not very good at sewing etc but could try to get some fabric to customise them.

I was hoping I might find something along the lines of ben 10, star wars, spiderman etc.

Thanks for all the tips!

Seona1973 Thu 15-Oct-09 21:33:35

dd had the elastoplast ones and wore them under her glasses. I used to buy stickers and she would decorate them before she wore them. We were told not to put them on the glasses as dd could then peer over the top of them and that would have defeated the object of the patch.

HellBent Thu 15-Oct-09 21:39:28

My DS has an eye patch but wears it in the evening for a few hours. Would this be an option for you? If not I think a patch would be easy enough to make, his is just an oval with two pinched bits and three slots. If you are really no good at sewing you could ask for a plain white patch and get some iron on transfers like these

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now