Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

11yr old dd1 has lower abdominal pain...which has gone on now for about 2 and a half weeks

(8 Posts)
cutekids Wed 14-Oct-09 21:25:01

apparently,she also gets quite alot of headaches aswell.
she's going through quite a stressful time with the transition from primary to secondary so i've tried to put things into perspective and have put the pains down to stress.now i'm starting to get more concerned.apparently,the pain is linked to both "back and front toilets" if you get my drift and also she feels like there's "a pin"between the back and front also every now and again....???is this just a sign of puberty or should i be seeing a doctor at this stage?

JanJanJanJan Wed 14-Oct-09 21:28:42

I wouldnt hesitate in taking my child to the doctor anyway.....even if its just for reassurance.

dittany Wed 14-Oct-09 21:28:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EightiesChick Wed 14-Oct-09 21:31:15

Is she having diahorrea? If her bowel habits have changed, even on some days but not others, that might be something that would cause pain. I would see the doctor, yes.

bruffin Wed 14-Oct-09 21:32:51

Has she started her periods?

Pyrocanthus Wed 14-Oct-09 21:34:16

Go to the doc, just to be sure.

outnumberedbymyboys Wed 14-Oct-09 21:44:11

Abdominal pain can be the appendix. Best to take her to the GP. You will both feel much better!

Helinher30s Thu 15-Oct-09 08:40:43

Could she have a water infection? you can get headaches with those too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now