Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please reassure me that this is a viral rash

(6 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 14-Oct-09 09:28:01

DS1 (aged 4) has been unwell since Monday evening, complaining first of a sore throat, then yesterday he got a high temperature and his nose started running.

This morning his nose is streaming, he's still warm but not got a temperature and he's started coughing. I've just noticed a rash all over his trunk - like little red pin pricks.

I've tried googling but not really been able to reassure myself - the pictures aren't really clear enough.

I'm thinking it's just a viral rash - would you agree?

JemintheGraveyardwithghouls Wed 14-Oct-09 09:29:20

I would agree, but I would take to GPs just to check anyway. Hope he feels better soon

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 14-Oct-09 11:47:19

Thank you. I've spoken to th GP who doesn't want to see us unless he gets worse.

Orimental Thu 15-Oct-09 03:17:18

Did you do the glass test? If spots fade then relax a bit - if not then go to A&E to be on the safe side. I agree sound viral, but always best to be sure. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

lulalullabye Thu 15-Oct-09 04:54:02

It does sound very much like a viral rash. Get a second opinion if you are worried but if your dc is not overly unwell go to see the gp, not A&E smile

dikkertjedap Thu 15-Oct-09 12:56:18

Is it only in chest/tummy area?

My dd gets that after periods of high fever. I use Dermol lotion (mildly antimicrobial) to avoid infections and if it is very itchy use Eurax (both are available at Boots, Dermol from pharmacy but don't need prescription).

However, if it is more extensively spread could it be some childhood disease????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now