Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ds been bitten by the bloody guinea pig

(5 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 13-Oct-09 21:03:31

I got bitten by a hamster when I was little (because I squeezed it) and I think I sucked it for a bit and that was it. It was quite a chunk and was bleeding well and it healed fine.

ZZZenAgain Tue 13-Oct-09 21:03:48

no I don't think you need to worry.

Sorry about that, sometimes they nip if they are annoyed or want to be put down (not forever but you know what I mean). And when they are small, I think they misjudge the bite. Usually it wouldn't draw blood or hurt at all and mine have almost never done that.

I think if you have an antibacterial cream, I'd use that. The soap is probably enough though. Is ds upset?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZZZenAgain Tue 13-Oct-09 21:11:30

if they are chomping and you can hear their teeth , ie gnashing their teeth, it can mean they are annoyed and might need to go down to have a wee or whatever else.

dd's gps spend a lot of time licking her hands. I don't like that much but she encourages it. I wonder if it is the salt?

I think your gp bit him more by accident than by design but when I tried cutting their nails the first time , they made some half-hearted nips at me. they were not really trying but they did want to show me they didn't much fancy the nail scissors and what I was doing. They can sometimes fight and really go at each other with their teeth (big males who aren't getting on so their teeth must be quite good weapons)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now