Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

teeny, tiny skin tags on 5yr old?

(3 Posts)
starbaby Mon 12-Oct-09 22:10:38

my 5yr old has developed teeny, tiny skin tags on her body. She got one on her ankle, one on her face and quite a few in her armpit and seems to be getting more in that area.

I thought the one on her ankle might be a wart so i put Wartner on it, it burned all her skin into a massive blister, the tag did come off after 10days but it was so sore and now she's got a scar (bad, guilty mummy icon!)

Not sure whether to take her to docs/nurse?

husband says just ignore them, so what but it seems such a shame on her gorgeous smooth skin and not sure if i should be worrying about skin cancer etc?

Seona1973 Mon 12-Oct-09 22:32:08

molluscum contagiosum maybe? It is a self limiting skin condition but can last for 18 months or longer. There are loads of threads on here about possible cures (or not!)

busybutterfly Mon 12-Oct-09 23:01:14

This is really common - my DS had them too.

Firstly, any towels etc she uses must only be used by her and be boil washed after use so as not to spread the infection.

Secondly - wait! They will go. My DS is now 7 and hasn't had them for over a year. They were on his face so I was really worried.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now