Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Asthma question earlier. . .

(1 Post)
GhostlyPixieOnaPumpkin Mon 12-Oct-09 19:08:49

Just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who told me not to let him take DD2's Ventolin, and to be seen by the nurse earlier - I took DS down to the surgery, where she listened to his chest and took his Peak Flow (which was 150), and said that it sounded like he was suffering from some asthma symptoms.
She gave him a couple of puffs of Ventolin, and he was feeling much better after about five minutes, and the cough disappeared, which confirmed our suspicions, so he now has a Ventolin inhaler of his own.
We have strict instructions to keep the GP appointment, where he will confirm the diagnosis if it's right, and see about a preventor inhaler (is that normal in mild asthma?).
Anyway, thankyou - I think if you'd told me to let him take it, and he'd been better, I might have treated it as a 'one off' thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now