Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

from firm to mushy and I'm talking about poo.....

(4 Posts)
ilovespagbol Mon 12-Oct-09 10:30:12

For a while now, my DD (11 months) has been doing mushy poos. Her poo was always firm, would roll off the nappy into the toilet, 1-3 times a day. Same frequency but now they are mushy, like porrige and one of them is at first change, so not sure when she has done it. At first, I put it down to diet (she had a lentil veg thing a couple of times) then to jarred food (we were away for four days) but now have no idea as its been ten days and she has been eating normally for the past week. Been to GP thinking it might be diahorrea and have to give a sample but its been going on for a while now and its not actually runny and not all the time. She is well within herself, no other symptoms. Is it developmental? She has a bit of a runny nose but is not obviously teething, although saying that, her first two teeth came through without any signs. Any thoughts please?

scarletlilybug Mon 12-Oct-09 10:36:07

I think mushy poos (as long as they're not actually runny) are a sign of good bowl health.

Here

giveloveachance Mon 12-Oct-09 10:49:17

My little one went through a phase of mushy poos / bordering on diahorrea often. Turns out she had developed a lactose intolerance, now on soya milk and she is much better.

Worth chatting to your doc again.

ilovespagbol Mon 12-Oct-09 21:57:12

Thanks, will do once samples are back. That really would never have ocurred to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now