Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Argh, Ds has a rash on his cheeks and behind ears, but is otherwise fine, send to school or not ?

(8 Posts)
MrsMorgan Mon 12-Oct-09 07:55:10

Noticed it before I put him to bed last night, but didn't think much of it, but it's still there and behind his ears too.

It is slightly raised and red, and ds is slightly warm to the touch but not really a temp. Have given piriton.

My problem is, that his school have recently been on my back about his poor attendance last school year and I really don't want to keep him off if it is nothing, but how can I tell i'm not a doctor.

sarah293 Mon 12-Oct-09 08:29:51

Message withdrawn

MrsMorgan Mon 12-Oct-09 09:45:52

Too late, I took him, although the rash had calmed down alot after I gave him the piriton so am thinking maybe a reaction to something, not sure what though.

He had a bath last night and hair washed etc but I didn't use anything different.

Obviously if school are concerned then they can ring me and I will fetch him.

sarah293 Mon 12-Oct-09 09:54:32

Message withdrawn

MrsMorgan Mon 12-Oct-09 10:00:52

That's fine, i'll just blame the head teachers attitude to attendance wink

Ds is generally a very rashy/spotty type of child for some reason. Mind you my younger brother was the same, god knows why.

sarah293 Mon 12-Oct-09 10:07:43

Message withdrawn

MrsMorgan Mon 12-Oct-09 12:28:42

Lol, I can hope grin

Rhubarb Mon 12-Oct-09 12:34:16

Could be slapped cheek, in which case by the time the rash develops they are no longer infectious.

Not scarlet fever or it'd be all over him by now.

So nothing to keep him off school for anyway. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now