Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby feels cold and has rash?

(6 Posts)
JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Sun 11-Oct-09 23:34:42

Not quite sure if it is a rash or blotchy (Sp?) skin, or a bit of both. But def fades with pressure so not mega worried.

But she also feels very cool. She usually has a lovely warm head when you pick her up but tonight if you touch her she feels quite cold, even thought she has vest, then fleece sleepsuit then sleepingbag on and I am just sitting here in a thin t-shirt and don't feel cold.

I can't get her to sleep and when she does go, she wakes 10 mins later?

Any ideas? She is 5.5 months? Should I be worried?

frisbyrat Sun 11-Oct-09 23:54:57

What's her temperature? Could she be too cold to sleep properly?
Disclaimer: don't bundle her up more unless you're sure she's cold, not ill!

LatinDAISYcal Mon 12-Oct-09 00:09:12

Best place to feel is at the back of her neck; She should feel warm there if she is fine, cool if not and if she is too warm she will be all clammy there. Sounds like she is a bit bundled up though (DS2 is in vest, cotton sleepsuit and 1 tog bag at the minute).

also have you got a room thermometer? If her bedroom is cold, she will feel cooler. If you think she is cold, can you cuddle her close to warm her up and then try with a thin balnket over her sleeping bag?

not sure about the rash/blotchiness though. If worried, give NHS direct a quick call smile

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Mon 12-Oct-09 00:16:50

cant find the therometer so not sure what her temp is. I dont want to add more layers as i can't see how she can need them as its warm. Dont want to over heat her. She is driving me mad - has hardly slept for days sad

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Mon 12-Oct-09 00:38:16

sorry x post.

She has finally gone to sleep now after cuddling up to me for a while which seems to have warmed her up and she has now stayed warm. Hoping to go and get some sleep now before she wakes up! Although got to do washing first hmm

LatinDAISYcal Mon 12-Oct-09 16:16:27

how is she today jenny? I hope you managed to get some rest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: