Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help please dd is in so much pain.

(9 Posts)
Cometrickortreatingwithme Sun 11-Oct-09 12:50:09

OK sorry for any typos am trying to type fast and cuddle dd.

She is 9 and has sn. Last year she got a hole in her baby tooth the idiot dentist told us it was ready to fall out and would be ok.
Six months later tooth still there and hole bigger dentist referred her to dental hospital.
Her appt was last week she has to have six teeth out her bbay teeth just wont fall out.
We are now on a waiting list for her apt at the childrens.
She is n agony and really upset I can't inderstand why they are leaving a child to cope with this pain when hey wouldn't leave an adult.
She is in so much pain today dp is thinking about taking her to A&E.

Will they see her any ideas what I can give her apart from calpol please help

RubysReturn Sun 11-Oct-09 12:51:50

I recently needed an emergency dentist and was booked to see a Special Needs dentist who was amazing. She saw me same day (at Xmas). I'd deffo go to A&E - mine was based at (Taunton) hospital

BrokenBananaTantrum Sun 11-Oct-09 12:52:30

Take her to A&E. I hate this bullshit that dentist do. Poor poor DD.

Cometrickortreatingwithme Sun 11-Oct-09 12:52:45

I could kill that bloody dentist thankyou ruby

franklymydear Sun 11-Oct-09 12:53:17

it's because she'll probably need a general but you should certianly make a fuss

i assume you have given her ibuprofen and calpol, have you tried oil of cloves into gums around teeth ( or even the baby teething powders)

Cometrickortreatingwithme Sun 11-Oct-09 12:57:33

DP just gone for some ibuprofen it is because she needs a general but I hate seeing her in pain.

franklymydear Sun 11-Oct-09 12:58:14

phone him and get him to get oil of cloves too

RubysReturn Sun 11-Oct-09 13:00:10

my sn dentist did waking sedation - might be possible for a single tooth, just to get her out of pain

Cometrickortreatingwithme Sun 11-Oct-09 13:00:31

I will do thanks I could cry for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now