Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

7 week old dd just started her third cold... what am I doing wrong??

(8 Posts)
Picante Thu 08-Oct-09 12:52:16

...Apart from having a 3 year old?!

Could it be the sign of an allergy? There are definite beginnings of the cold e.g mild temp then super-snotty, but she's pretty much been snotty since she was born.

She's bf btw.

Picante Thu 08-Oct-09 14:12:28

yentil Thu 08-Oct-09 15:39:06

living in the western worldsmile sorry but these things can't be avoided unless you live in a bubble.

Seeline Thu 08-Oct-09 15:53:43

You find that DC2 comes into contact with a lot more bugs alot quicker than DC1 did. The upside is that they seem to build up an immunity to most of them much quicker and after a while colds etc are much less extreme!

belgo Thu 08-Oct-09 16:01:11

It's the time of year. In the last month, my children have each had two stomach bugs and two colds. And my ds has a permanently snotty nose.

If you are worried, speak to your health visitor or GP.

bruffin Thu 08-Oct-09 16:21:48

My DD was born with a cold, she caught it from me and seemed to have one for the first year. She was breastfed for the first few weeks. BF does not prevent colds.She was a newborn at this time of year as well.

She is 12 now and has no allergies at all, despite everyone else in the family having lots of allergies.

Picante Thu 08-Oct-09 16:58:12

Thanks bruffin - gives me hope!

AnnVan Thu 08-Oct-09 18:31:22

Yeah picante - DS caught his first cold and was ill for the next five months. DP and I were also constantly ill for this time. It was pretty hellish, but DS is fine now (just turned one) I think it's just the time of year. All the nasties going round.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now