Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tummy bug + headache in DD4yo - confused!

(6 Posts)
angelene Tue 06-Oct-09 20:25:55

Yesterday nursery called me to say that DD had got really tired and was complaining of a headache, they put it down to a hectic weekend (it was her birthday on Saturday and much-looked-forward-to party on Sunday), which made sense to me. However it's still going on, she's been sick about 5-6 times today and still has a bad headache. She's had Calpol and ibuprofen, slept on and off. I wondered if it was a migraine but the fact that she's been sick so much makes me think it isn't?

I nearly took her to the doctor's this morning, but then I thought it was just a tummy bug so I stayed at home. If she's no better in the morning I'll definitely take her but I'm just so confused by the headache part of it! She's been drinking water all day but has only had one wee so is probably a bit dehydrated from the sickness.

I'm very confused about this one! Any ideas?

herbietea Tue 06-Oct-09 20:33:44

Message withdrawn

angelene Tue 06-Oct-09 20:42:48

Thanks herbie.

I thought that if it is a migraine it could have been caused by over-excitement and too much sugar at the party etc. My sister and BIL get them too. Good point about the dehydration keeping the headache going.

Another long night beckons I think.

She is still managing to give it the full drama queen though grin

Frrrightattendant Tue 06-Oct-09 20:47:56

Does she have a temp? I always panic about headaches in case it's meningitis.

herbietea Tue 06-Oct-09 20:49:19

Message withdrawn

angelene Tue 06-Oct-09 20:59:00

Frrrright - hardly any temperature at all and no rash.

Her vision seems fine, not affected by the lights, she's been watching TV fine (e.g. pointing out and laughing at the panda behind Justin on Gigglebiz grin)

I think I might have some cool'n'soothe thingys actually, I will try and find them - good idea.

She's asleep on the sofa at the moment, I'll take her up to bed when I go up.

Poor little sausage - she's such a full-on little girl and really attacks life. Isn't it just the worst thing when they are ill?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now