Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

tonsilitus? does this sound right?

(4 Posts)
cheeryface Tue 06-Oct-09 16:18:11

ds2 started with a high temperature, coughing, shivering and headache on sunday.
he does seem a bit better today but as i already had an appointment at the doctors i took him.
the doctor said he could see a white pus filled spot when he looked in his mouth and said it could be the start of tonsilitus.
thing is he hasnt got a sore throat!
what do you think? hes given antibiotics to give him if still not better tomorrow.
hes 10 btw.

cheeryface Tue 06-Oct-09 16:50:36

anyone?

snickersnack Tue 06-Oct-09 18:47:36

It does sound like the start of tonsillitis - not sure why he doesn't have a sore throat, but if you're giving him paracetamol then that may be dampening down the pain.

Does his breath smell? That's usually the give away with my two.

cheeryface Tue 06-Oct-09 18:53:30

he says his throat feels fine! the only other thing is that he says everything tastes horrible even drinks.
if not tonsilitis then what else would cause a pus filled spot?
and surely he wouldnt be improving now would he if its the start of tonsilitis, i dont get it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now