Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Temp of 40 after calpol

(10 Posts)
artichokes Sun 04-Oct-09 17:13:19

Dd is 3.
Had single rubella jab 24 hours ago. Clinic said she way get a slight temp 3-5 days later but this is much sooner.
40 seems v high after calpol. What should I do now?

PixieOnaLeaf Sun 04-Oct-09 17:18:52

Message withdrawn

cookielove Sun 04-Oct-09 17:19:08

when did u give the calpol?

a cool flannel to the forehead, strip down to a single light layer of clothing?

RubysReturn Sun 04-Oct-09 17:19:17

I think if temp does not come down with calpol, then time to see doc.

artichokes Sun 04-Oct-09 17:28:28

it's been 45 mins since calpol now and temp is 39.9. She says her eyes hurt and she is lying v still which is v unusual.

No walk in near here - 30 min drive in central London traffic to paeds A&E. Should I try ibuprofen first?

PixieOnaLeaf Sun 04-Oct-09 17:32:41

Message withdrawn

wilkos Sun 04-Oct-09 17:37:20

dd often has very high temps when ill, if calpol doent work we usually give her baby nurofen as well and that sorts it out.

that is probably what they will do in a&e. or you will find that if you do take her to a&e her temp will come down in the car as a resyult of being a bit cooler/ change of scenery

only you know what to do though smile

Elk Sun 04-Oct-09 17:54:10

nurofen is often better at temp. control and lasts longer. Calpol can ime take up to an hour to work and then only work for two hours. You can combine the two for maximum effect.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 04-Oct-09 17:56:11

Strip her off, call for help and go to A&E if it doesn't come down to at most 38.5 in 20 minutes more. Most people forget to take the clothes off - this can make as much difference as the drugs IME.

RubysReturn Mon 05-Oct-09 15:55:29

just seeing how things are

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now