Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Persistent milk tooth!

(3 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Sat 03-Oct-09 19:15:29

DD1 has lost her two bottom middle milk teeth, and two adult teeth have grown in their place.

She's lost her right top middle milk tooth, but, after several weeks, still has no adult tooth there.

Her left top middle milk tooth, though, is very wobbly, it's been pushed out by the adult tooth growing under/behind it but it just won't come. Now I'm worried about it - it's nearly horizontal it's being pushed so far forward by the adult tooth. How long is it sensible to leave it before it ought to be taken out by a dentist? What are the dangers of leaving it?

mellifluouscauliflower Sat 03-Oct-09 21:01:34

Go to the dentist and discuss. Don't let him take any teeth out til you have a second opinion from an orthodentist.

I had similar problems when I was growing up - milk teeth with no adult teeth to replace them and a stubborn milk tooth that didn't come out.

I have a small gap to the side and think that might have been avoided if the orthodentist had been involved in the decision to remove milk teeth.

FlamingoBingo Sun 04-Oct-09 13:46:14

Thank you. Will make her an appointment.

Anyone else had this experience with their DCs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now