Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD in pain when weeing but only at night - what to do?

(11 Posts)
CharCharGabor Fri 02-Oct-09 13:40:22

DD is 2.2 and potty trained herself about 3/4 months ago so she is pretty reliable during the day. She's been weeing and pooing in the potty fine during the day but the last two nights have been a nightmare.

She's woken up both nights at about 11pm and she's really upset. She says she's trying to do a wee but she's crying and wincing and wriggling round so obviously sore. Her vulva appears to be a bit sore, I tried to put a bit of sudocrem on but she was really flinching. Takes about an hour to settle down and then she's fine again in the morning.

DP took her to the doctors this morning. He couldn't find anything wrong with her and asked for a wee sample which I have dropped round there. But I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm wondering if her nappy is irritating her but then I don't think she'd manage without one on. Any ideas?

CharCharGabor Fri 02-Oct-09 13:48:59

Oh yes, forgot to add, she's not eating much but her appetite isn't great at best. She also doesn't have a temperature and seems happy enough in the day.

etchasketch Fri 02-Oct-09 13:51:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

etchasketch Fri 02-Oct-09 13:53:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CharCharGabor Fri 02-Oct-09 13:55:32

She had had a bath on one night but I use Simple bath stuff which isn't perfumed. The other night she hadn't had a bath as she was too tired. I'm trying to offer her as much water as I can, she's not a massive drinker but has been drinking more over the last few days. I am just dreading having to do all this again tonight, it's horrible seeing er so upset sad Thanks for answering smile

CharCharGabor Fri 02-Oct-09 13:56:42

Was surprised myself, didn't really encourage her! She just did it one day and it clicked straight away.

bruffin Fri 02-Oct-09 14:02:55

Is she at nursery or preschool? My DD had a similar reaction when she caught threadworms.

CharCharGabor Fri 02-Oct-09 14:08:43

Not yet but she does go to toddler groups. I haven't seen anything in her poo but will look up the symptoms of threadworms now. Thanks smile

ilove Fri 02-Oct-09 14:10:40

It could just be that she is waking up desperate for a wee, and needs to go to the loo?

CharCharGabor Fri 02-Oct-09 14:17:31

I've tried offering her the loo or potty and she goes on it but then the screaming and wincing start again. Her nappy is wet when she wakes up so I'm a bit confused really.

scarletlilybug Fri 02-Oct-09 14:26:47

Sounds like threadworms to me. The good news is that they clear up pretty quickly with OTC medication - OVEX, IIRC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now