Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Suddenly seeming unable to control bladder

(5 Posts)
used2bthin Thu 01-Oct-09 22:43:23

DD has been potty trained a few months and this is probably just a developmental thing(maybe the novelty has worn off a bit?)but DD (aged three) has been wetting herself the last three days and seems not to know when she is about to go.

I watched her monday looking as surprised as me when she did a wee so I got a urine sample to the doctor. It came back clear so its not an infection.

She has got a few medical issues and her kidneys are affected but shouldn't really affect her ability to hold it because she has managed this far.

MyCatsAScarierBastardThanYours Thu 01-Oct-09 22:50:46

I think that they do get a bit over confident with it and start to forget again. I had this a lot with my DD (still do on occassion). I found rewards/star charts worked a treat with her.

used2bthin Thu 01-Oct-09 22:58:18

Thank you, yes I think she maybe has stopped worrying about it. Probably so had I and so need to start again with asking lots. She just says no a lot when I ask so I will actually have to take her as often as she'll let me.

It was odd though as a couple of ties just a tiny bit would come out-she had been holding for a few hours at a time then doing a big wee if that makes sense.

MyCatsAScarierBastardThanYours Thu 01-Oct-09 23:03:02

Yes, I stopped thinking about it too, that's a good point. I had to remind myself to remind her to go. We started making her go before we were about to do anything. She would say no, but we'd make her try otherwise we wouldn't go/do the thing she wanted. 90% of the time she would go.

used2bthin Fri 02-Oct-09 20:27:54

She has been so much better today, maybe she was a bit under the weather earlier in the week. Thats a good plan about saying she has to go before doing something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now