Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pus in nighttime nappy

(5 Posts)
gripper Thu 01-Oct-09 22:13:47

Found green pus in my DS nighttime nappy 2 and a half years old. About a month ago treated for balanitus because it was very sore for him to go for a wee and very red. This time he says it doesn't hurt and his willy doesn't look red. Just the mystery pus, has this happened to anybody else?

Hassled Thu 01-Oct-09 22:27:57

No, have never come across it. Given the history, I think a trip to the GP might be in order.

alypaly Fri 02-Oct-09 17:29:10

sounds to me as if he has still got problems of balinitis.

I know its a delicate question but has he got a tight foreskin?
My son had the same problem when he was little and the discharge can be caused by thrush or something called smegma...which has a really offensive 'cheesy' smell.
added a webpage to help you
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Balanitis.htm

the consultant treated my son initially with betnovate cream to reduce the inflammation and rid him of the smegma and then with canestan(clotrimazole) afterwards. It took about a month and i had to pull his foreskin back to release the tightness. He is fine now...

gripper Sat 03-Oct-09 12:52:48

Yes he has a tight foreskin, ballons up when he wees. Think he will probably need circumsion, but not sure what age they do that at.

alypaly Sat 03-Oct-09 14:34:28

he wont need circumsion if you get to see a good paediatrician.
As i was saying...the consultant gave DS1 betnovate which i had to put on twice daily and each day i had to pull his foreskin back as far as i could without hurting him (to the point where you can see that skin that joins tpthe glans penis and it gradually loosened it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now