Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dribbling

(2 Posts)
mewmewpower Thu 01-Oct-09 15:37:57

Does anyone have a problem with their DS or DD still dribbling at the age of 4? If so, have you had any luck with treatment. My DS has just started school and still continues to dribble. We have been seeing a Community Peadtrician (for something else), but when I said I was concerned about dirbbling, he just said it will go away... no very helpful. Would love to hear from anyone who has had a same/similar problem

used2bthin Thu 01-Oct-09 22:35:12

My DD is three and still dribbles a lot. Her speech and lamguage is delayed tooso she sees a SALT who has given us exercises to strengthen the muscles in her mouth and jaw-this may help with the dribbling I think. One is to drink with a straw,another is to blow peices of paper across the table using a straw. Another is pulling faces in the mirror, making shock faces that sort of thing. Also blowing bubbles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now