Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Poor DD has a nasty (& slightly wierd) bug & is most miserable

(6 Posts)
Katymac Wed 30-Sep-09 22:35:50

She is fine for a few hours then crumples in on herself with copious tears & statements of "I feel awful" plus an erratic temperature

This has gone on for a few days & despite refusing to go to Guides I was starting to wonder if she was school refusing (new school, history of bullying, ill parent)

Then she went to stay at her Nanas - I got a phone call at 9pm, can I please come & get her because she is so poorly she needs her mum.

I am bemused by it

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 01-Oct-09 10:26:37

Does she have any other symptoms with it?

Katymac Thu 01-Oct-09 10:31:49

Not really - she is 11 so understands about headaches etc & she says she doesn't have one but that everything feels odd/awful

She is off her food

She is sleeping loads

Poor poppet - she is in tears over missing her singing lessons at school today

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 01-Oct-09 13:42:44

Poor thing Virus season has certainly started in earnest. Hope she feels better soon.

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 01-Oct-09 13:51:56

Has she or will she see the doctor about it? It could be something minor, but, it could be something she could diagnose and treat.

Katymac Thu 01-Oct-09 15:24:24

TBH I think it's a virus - I think/hope she is getting over it, she has only had about 2 or 3 episodes this afternoon......& I wonder if I am getting it too sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now