Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD aged 5 1/2 - very 'blocky' nose every night, keeps her & me awake! Any remedies/suggestions?

(5 Posts)
saythatagain Wed 30-Sep-09 15:18:05

Bless her - every night she props herself up with pillows to stop her from filling up her nose with snot. She isn't suffering with a cold. I don't know why she has it. We've put Karvol on her pillow but it makes no difference.

Iklboo Wed 30-Sep-09 15:19:36

Have you tried one of those plug in vaporiser things? We use them when DS has a cold/blocked nose and they seem to help

saythatagain Wed 30-Sep-09 15:24:53

Yes we have Iklboo - sadly no success with it. Its so strange, shes fine during the day - no runny nose etc. Its as soon as she lies/lays down. I 'taught' her to lay on the side that is clear (nasal passage) and let it 'roll' over (blimey, that sound disgusting doesn't it?) but I can't think of anyway else of helping her!

PixieOnaLeaf Wed 30-Sep-09 15:57:48

Message withdrawn

saythatagain Wed 30-Sep-09 16:30:28

Thanks Pixie - I have taken all of that onboard and will give the piriton a try to begin with; see the outcome and pursue otherwise. I knew I would get some good advice on here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now