Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

constipation 2.7yo - what to expect from a referral to community paed?

(1 Post)
katechristie Wed 30-Sep-09 11:09:32

DS has chronic constipation and been on lactulose for 5months now, but we've finally had a referral to a community paed with a special interest in constipation. What happens at these sort of referrals? - am a bit nervous as DS isn't very good even at having a check-up with the GP or HV. do they do an examination of him or is it more about asking me questions?

I was planning on keeping a poo diary for DS again from now until the referral (hopefully in a wk or so - HV said the constipation clinic at local hosp has waiting list of 8wks, so referred this way instead, hoping it'll be quicker), and keeping a diary of what he eats and drinks - do I need to do anything else?

Also, DD is 24wks, would it be better if I try and get DH or my mum along with me to keep her occupied as I haven't got a clue how in-depth these appointments are. TIA for any advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now