Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diarrhea - Bug or MMR reaction?

(8 Posts)
Marne Wed 30-Sep-09 09:43:52

Hi, dd2 (3.5) has had Diarrhea for 3 days, most things are going straight through her sad but she has no other symptoms and is running around singing (no temp, not off her food).

She had her MMR booster a week and a half ago which she reacted badly too, we were in A&E the day after as her temp would not go down. Is this just another reaction to the MMR?

I have kept her home from nursery in case its a bug. Nobody else in the house has come down with it.

Should i keep her home until it has cleared up?

Do i keep feeding her or starve her for a day? (so far i have been feeding her but mainly toast and banana and no dairy).

Marne Wed 30-Sep-09 09:59:44

bump sad.

Marne Wed 30-Sep-09 11:26:13

Has anyone else had the same reaction to the MMR?

needahand Wed 30-Sep-09 11:30:55

my son has had his MMR last Thursday and has also had diarreah and bit of stomach upset too. No other side effect nor temperature so it might jsut be a coincidence

sardean Thu 01-Oct-09 11:57:43

It is very common for kids to have diarrhoea after the MMR combined vaccine and that is because both the measles and the mumps are metabolised through the gut. The measles causes pitting and the mumps makes the lymph system enlarged, this will leadto diarrhoea. It is an adverse reaction and you should get your GP to report it or go on the MHRA website and report it yourself!!

differentnameforthis Thu 01-Oct-09 12:13:28

Could be a reaction, is she teething? The final set of baby molars come in around 3.

Marne Thu 01-Oct-09 12:46:57

Could be teething, she is pocking around in her mouth. Diarrhoea seems to have stopped for now. She reacted straight away to the MMR and seems to have been up and down since, she seems to react to most medicines etc.

differentnameforthis Thu 01-Oct-09 12:50:59

Maybe a combination of all, poor thing.

The water that you boil your veges in is good for an upset tummy, neutralises all the acids when they drink it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now