Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this teething or illness or self-weaning or all of the above? <exhausted>

(7 Posts)
MamaG Mon 28-Sep-09 10:59:47

BabyG has been up for most of last night and the night before. He isn't napping. He won't eat much food and cries when he sees my nork

I can only get him to sleep sitting up, if I lay him down he screams the house down.

He is absolutely streaming snot (nice) and has a very croaky voice (possibly from crying so much). He did cut his first two teeth last week and his gums do appear sore.

He is dosed up on calpol and ibuprofen but he is still extremely miserable.

Am dithering over taking him to doc. Lack of sleep does that to you wink

On top of all that, I've got a house viewing at 4.30 today and the whole house needs cleaning and tidying!

Niecie Mon 28-Sep-09 13:38:27

Hi MamaG, it is hard when they are little and ill and can't tell you what is wrong, isn't it.sad

My first thoughts at refusing the breast are that either your DS has a sore throat (have you been able to have a look?) or he has an ear infection which also makes bf painful.

Ear infections are also supposed to hurt more lying down but then so does teething.

I would get him checked out or you won't know for sure and he may need ABs.

Niecie Mon 28-Sep-09 13:39:28

Oh and hope he feels better soon and you get some sleep.

And good luck with the house cleaning, tidying and viewing too <never rains but it pours emoticon>

MamaG Mon 28-Sep-09 13:42:12

Thanks for the overwhelming response folks wink

I took him to the docs and he has a chest infection, poor baby

MamaG Mon 28-Sep-09 13:43:54

oops! Rather embarrassing crossed post there niecie! grin

HE's asleep at the mo shock so I'm grabbing some lunch and cleaning madly (and MNing!!)

Thanks niecie. He's been prescribed ABs. I'm really hoping that he'll continue to BF though (OUCH at sore boobs!)

Niecie Mon 28-Sep-09 14:41:56

Ahh my amateur doctoring skills let me down. I was putting my money on an ear infection.

Still, you can't tell the difference unless you get a doctor to have a look at them so good to know he has some ABs and will hopefully back to normal soon.

Know anything about tonsillitis? I came onto Children's Health to see if I really needed to take DS1 to the docs if he has tonsillitis but the lack of response for your thread has put me off!! Perhaps I should just take a leaf out of your book and phone the doctors!

Still, good luck with the viewing.

MamaG Tue 29-Sep-09 09:50:15

TBH Niecie I thought it was an ear infection too, but there we are

I actually do know a bit about tonsillitis due to DS1 having it every year grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now