Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD "squinting";/screwing up her eyes

(4 Posts)
Clure Sun 27-Sep-09 22:29:20

My DD has just started school. In the past week and a bit we've noticed her really squinting her eyes - like a really hard pronounced blink. She seems to have periods when its worse and others when she's not doing it. Doesn't really seem to be a pattern.
She has a nasty cough and full of cold and the moment, I'm not sure if she has itchy or sore eyes.
When I ask her she can't tell me, like as if she doesn't realise she's doing it.
I have an optician appoinment but its not till next monday. Just wondered if anyone can shed any light? thanks

PixieOnaLeaf Tue 29-Sep-09 11:26:14

Message withdrawn

bruffin Tue 29-Sep-09 14:56:52

Is it in bright light. According to our optician dd is very sensitive to light and she screws up her eyes a lot.

Clure Tue 29-Sep-09 21:31:31

a friend suggested a tic, its possible - maybe she's bit anxious still settling in at big school. The light sensitivity has also made me think.... thanks ladies. Hopefully optician can put my mind at rest too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now