Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does anything kill nit eggs?

(12 Posts)
colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 18:27:25

i've combed through ds2's hair and shifted the live nits, but he's riddled with eggs. Does anything kill them so we aren't covered in nits in a week?

cheekysealion Sun 27-Sep-09 18:29:37

the nitty gritty comb should remove them with conditioner to help the comb through process

colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 18:30:45

I haven't got a nitty gritty comb, just a normal nit comb. How much is a nitty gritty?

jooseyfruit Sun 27-Sep-09 18:31:21

hedrin's supposed to work , but you have to re spray a week after initial treatment to kill lice that have hatched from the eggs since the initial spray iyswim!

nitty gritty comb does remove eggs, the white eggs you can see, are empty eggs.

jooseyfruit Sun 27-Sep-09 18:32:07

£10 but WELL worth it.

ilovesprouts Sun 27-Sep-09 18:34:02

i used to use tons of conditioner and a nit comb

pinkteddy Sun 27-Sep-09 19:03:08

Sainsburys sells the nitty gritty now, think its just under a tenner. I would use the hedrin and the nitty gritty.

cheekysealion Sun 27-Sep-09 20:17:42

you can get nitty gritty on prescription now.. just ask the reception you shouldnt need to see a doc

juicychops Sun 27-Sep-09 20:23:34

what is different about a nitty gritty comb and a normal nit one? my computer wont let me zoom in on a picture so i cant see it close up

i have nits at the moment and used a shampoo. still feel itchy though! dont know if its psychological or litle buggers i have missed. i was pretty thorough though.

can you really get nitty gritty on prescription? i get free prescriptions so that would be brill

cheekysealion Sun 27-Sep-09 21:02:00

it was on money saving expert about the free prescriptions

the prongs on the comb are kind of twisted looking... it is meant to be the waitrose of the nit combs wink

Frizbe Sun 27-Sep-09 21:11:33

Can vouch for nitty gritty and hedrin too, have used both, but now have nitty gritty, so no need for hedrin! hurrah!

juicychops Sun 27-Sep-09 21:20:21

im going to ring the docs tomorrow then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now