Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore neck - what do I treat with?

(5 Posts)
MissHarrison Sat 26-Sep-09 22:17:05

My 3 month old daughter has got a sore neck - I try really hard to keep clean and dry but she's a podgy little sole - what is causing it and how should i treat it?

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Sat 26-Sep-09 22:19:37

Use vaseline, it will help with the rubbing. smile

wheredidmyoldlifego Sat 26-Sep-09 22:25:57

Could it be a label in her clothing which is rubbing against her skin or maybe it's the start of eczema / dry skin?

Vaseline is good or even olive oil (sounds a bit odd but if you use organic oil it's good for her skin (although will smell like salad!!)

Good luck - if you necome more concerned you could pop along to your walk-in centre or GP, but please try not to worry too much.

MissHarrison Sat 26-Sep-09 22:44:13

do i need to use some sort of anticeptic cream - to stop any infection - before I use a barrier on it?

MaggieMuggins Tue 29-Sep-09 13:30:21

This happened to my DD, mainly because of milk collecting in there. I got some of those Tommee Tippee milk bibs which were fab (they have an extra bit of padding at the neck).

We used to just try and give her a wash with a warm flannel in her folds every few days, even though she screamed the place down! And then dry it off and pop a bit of sudocrem on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now