Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can anyone help re teeth

(6 Posts)
mumslife Thu 24-Sep-09 20:50:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ihearthuckabees Thu 24-Sep-09 21:46:05

Hi mumslife. My DS is exactly the same as yours. Aged 7 years and 8 months, still has all his baby teeth, and nothing is wobbly. At this rate, he will have grown out of believing in the tooth fairy before he can even cash in his first tooth!
DS's back molars have come in recently though. His dentist says nothing to worry about, although a friend who is also a dentist did seem very surprised when I mentioned it to her the other day. She said the baby teeth aren't designed to last forever, but luckily my DS has no decay.
Occasionally an adult can hang onto one or two of their baby teeth forever, but not sure whether anyone has ever had NO adult teeth. My DS is also small for his age, so I am assuming he is just a late developer, but have next check up in November, so will push for more info then.
Hope you feel better knowing your DS isn't alone.

ihearthuckabees Thu 24-Sep-09 21:46:07

Hi mumslife. My DS is exactly the same as yours. Aged 7 years and 8 months, still has all his baby teeth, and nothing is wobbly. At this rate, he will have grown out of believing in the tooth fairy before he can even cash in his first tooth!
DS's back molars have come in recently though. His dentist says nothing to worry about, although a friend who is also a dentist did seem very surprised when I mentioned it to her the other day. She said the baby teeth aren't designed to last forever, but luckily my DS has no decay.
Occasionally an adult can hang onto one or two of their baby teeth forever, but not sure whether anyone has ever had NO adult teeth. My DS is also small for his age, so I am assuming he is just a late developer, but have next check up in November, so will push for more info then.
Hope you feel better knowing your DS isn't alone.

cookielove Thu 24-Sep-09 21:49:24

i lost hardly any baby teeth as a child,(I think 3 at the most) and had most of them pulled out when i was older (10 although some were baby and some were adult), i have less adult teeth because of this and don't have wisdom teeth, not that i sad about that, you can't really tell where the missing adult teeth are though

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 25-Sep-09 09:33:07

DD 8.4 lost her first tooth about a week before her 8th birthday. To date she's only got 4 adult teeth. Dentist is unconcerned about it, but, x-rayed her jaw and warned me that there will be expensive times ahead. She just has so many (obviously the normal number) of teeth but an extremely small jaw. YIKES. We are going back next week as she is complaining of itching and pain, so presumably the teeth are wanting to come through but can't.

mumslife Fri 25-Sep-09 19:19:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now