Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Advice for Chickenpox spots please!

(4 Posts)
AutumnLady Tue 22-Sep-09 10:26:14

Hi

My DS is 10 months and has a bout of chickenpox. He is v spotty and grumpy and wondered if anyone knew of anything I can put on his spots on his face (and everywhere else!) as they look quite sore. Most of them are scabbing over but some a puss filled - sorry for the TMI! It seems worse on his chin where he is so dribbly and calamine lotion just runs off. Is there anything like Tea Tree oil that I can use on him?

Thanks in advance

Tinkerisdead Tue 22-Sep-09 10:29:12

I knew this would be you smile
No advice im afraid just wanted to say poor DS sad

sugarplumfairy Tue 22-Sep-09 10:43:41

It's been a while since my DC had chickenpox but I used calamine lotion on the spots and bicarb of soda in the bath to calm the skin. Also gave piriton, but not sure if that's suitable for a 10 month old. Keep his nails as short as possible to minimise scratching ability.

AutumnLady Tue 22-Sep-09 10:47:13

Hi DW - thanks for posting! Hope your DD is ok and you're keeping well

Thanks sugarplumfairy - I will give the bicarb of soda a go and have cut his nails short already.

Any other suggestions???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now