Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

found out ds added too much salt to dinner which i wanted him to finish of without knowing what he did????????????

(11 Posts)
iliketurquoise Mon 21-Sep-09 22:03:16

luckly i stopped near the end of it and when i tasted it it was yuk.
i was wondering why he had diificulty in swallowing, i found out when i tasted it.
he is a very fussy eater, so i never thought that was the case.
he is 8.
i panicked really.
he went to bed. its been about 1.5 hrs now.
i checked about half hr ago. he sweated, i changed his top.
he drank half cup of water half hr ago, didnt want more.
how long should i wait if something happens and what can i do if he feels ill?

iliketurquoise Mon 21-Sep-09 22:11:20

any advices?

differentID Mon 21-Sep-09 22:13:24

tbh I think he'll have done himself any lasting damage.
if he seems a bit de-hydrated/ unwell tomorrow take him to the docs, but I think he will have taught himslef a very tough lesson- which is don't salt his food.

llareggub Mon 21-Sep-09 22:13:48

What do you mean you stopped? Stopped what?

I'm sure if there was way too much salt he wouldn't have eaten it and at 8 surely he could tell you?

winnybella Mon 21-Sep-09 22:18:30

Well, how salty was it? Just too salty too be tasty or like eating a spoonful of salt?
Honestly, I don't think you've got anything to worry about, it's unlikely it was enough to do any kidney damage etc.
I remember when I was little and bothering my father at the table for more salt, he made me eat a table spoon of it. I was fine ( well, traumatised,but physically ok).
He'll just sweat it out, I think, but why don't you call a doctor if you're worried?

iliketurquoise Mon 21-Sep-09 22:21:11

i meant, when he didnt want to eat it anymore, i took the plate away, llareggub.
i asked him why he didnt tell me it was too salty, he was sleepy he didnt say much. but he said he wanted to add some taste to his dinner thats why he added it.

iliketurquoise Mon 21-Sep-09 22:24:27

i looked at the salt cup and i tasted the meal, and i can think it can be about maybe around teaspoon.

iliketurquoise Mon 21-Sep-09 22:26:07

i wont put the salt in fron of him again.

iliketurquoise Mon 21-Sep-09 22:26:47

thanks very much for the advices really.

winnybella Mon 21-Sep-09 22:28:27

Are you serious? You can't really be worried about that little! Definitely not recommended on regular basis but one off he will be fine.
Really, stop worrying. Please! Although I went through some irrational panic with my dcs and still do sometimes, so I understand.

iliketurquoise Mon 21-Sep-09 22:33:24

thanks so much winnybella

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now