Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Black spot on DD'd milk molar - any advice please?

(5 Posts)
thesleepyprincess Mon 21-Sep-09 21:38:18

Two days ago I noticed a tiny black mark on DD's (aged 4.5)back molar. It looks just like a tiny bit of food stuck there but it is absolutely not budging. I've now Googled and have frightened myself that it might be a cavity. Has anyone experienced this?> What does the dentist do? I feel awful about it...I'm a stickler for twice-daily good teeth brushing. My DCs have a healthy diet with lots of fruit and veg (is the fruit the problem??) and DD will only have a very occasional sweet at a party. They drink diluted apple juice, water or milk.
Help!

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 22-Sep-09 11:51:59

Go to the dentist and ask them.

lal123 Tue 22-Sep-09 11:55:05

dentist. My dd had 2 cavities blush. One the dentist just advised leaving and keeping very clean, one he filled with something (not a proper adult amalgam filling). no drilling or anything like that.

Sagacious Tue 22-Sep-09 11:57:38

dd had similar
was a cavity

If its small it won't need to be drilled, just cleaned and filled with playdoh (well its not playdoh but similar texture they harden it with a special blue light)

She also brushes twice daily

thesleepyprincess Tue 22-Sep-09 15:28:36

Thanks. We have dentist on Monday. Very reassuring tho that no drilling will be required!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now