Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Booster jabs

(4 Posts)
learnerparent Mon 21-Sep-09 09:15:45

DS due to start school in a week. Is he due for booster jabs? Haven't given him MMR and wondering if I'll get grief from GP.

Seona1973 Mon 21-Sep-09 12:36:12

there are pre-school boosters that are due any time from 3 years 4 months which are for Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and polio (1 jab) and Measles, mumps and rubella (1 jab)

immunisation schedule

hunlet Mon 21-Sep-09 12:38:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sander Mon 21-Sep-09 13:40:50

My DS was due his pre-school booster a few weeks back. He's had all the earlier jabs on schedule (DTaP/IPV/Hib), but had single's instead of the mmr combi. We are not repeating the singles as we think (from what we've read) that he has enough immunity. We're also thinking he might not need another dose of DTaP/IPV/Hib as the earlier 3 give enough immunity. Any thoughts from others? I'm never really clear if the 'booster' is necessary or just to cover the ones who missed earlier doses and make sure all are covered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now