Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD1 (3 Years old) has a slight fever but is burning up and says she has a headache. Advice needed.

(6 Posts)
suiledonn Sun 20-Sep-09 22:40:55

She was very irritable this morning and lacking in energy. She looked flushed so I checked her temp - it was 99.6 so not very high but she said she had a headache. I gave her Calpol and she seemed much better so we went to visit MIL.

She went downhill again so we came home, temp was just under 100 - gave her more Calpol. She is sleeping now and temp back down.

Should I just keep an eye on her tonight and give more Calpol if needed or ring out-of-ours doctor?

Does it sound like a mild virus or the start of something more serious?

I am a bit worried about the headache although she seemed alert and her vision seemed fine before she went to bed.

suiledonn Sun 20-Sep-09 22:41:33

out-of-hours doctor

colditz Sun 20-Sep-09 22:42:17

Give her calprofen too, and if I were you I would wake her up evey 2 hours or so to check her temp, which is actually quitte high!

suiledonn Sun 20-Sep-09 22:45:16

Is it quite high? MIL thought no need to worry until 101 - 102.

Not sure about the Calprofen as she has asthma although the doctor told me I could try it with her before and if she reacted not to use it again.

I am horribly nervous about sickness. Don't think I will sleep well tonight.

NormaStanleyFletchachacha Sun 20-Sep-09 23:24:27

wake her up and do the chin to chest test. )ie does her neck hurt) and check temp and light sensitivity

I ended up in A&E late one night and they gave DS2 neurofen stuff even though he is asthmatic as it was more important to get his temp down.

suiledonn Mon 21-Sep-09 09:16:17

Thanks norma . I called a nurseline last night and got the same advice. Apart from the temp she was ok and I gave her the ibuprofen in the night.

She is much better this morning. No idea what caused it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now