Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ds2 has a rash

(11 Posts)
cheesesarnie Sun 20-Sep-09 21:56:07

since thursday night hes had a bit of a rash all over.he was unwell and we put it down to a bit of heat rash(thinking about it now thats silly).today its flared right up alover his face and neck but gradually spreading over the rest of him.he seems well in himself etc.
i have no idea what it is but do i see gp,do i keep him off nursery???

cheesesarnie Sun 20-Sep-09 22:38:12

anyone?

alypaly Mon 21-Sep-09 10:59:09

viruses can cause a rash all over the body.
I would keep him off nursery until the rash has gone as he may be carrying something and i dont think the nursery would have him there.
If you are worried or he has a high temp go to doc. how old is he

cheesesarnie Mon 21-Sep-09 13:55:07

thanks alypaly.hes 3.he woke up looking alot better-rash still there but faded.i took him into nursery as its at dd and ds1 school anyway and they said they were happy to take him.

he just always seems to get ill!with him its never just a rash.hes had chicken pox however many times(this isnt chicken pox).he doesnt just get a cold-he ends up on drips etc !!
but fingers crossed hes fine today!

alypaly Mon 21-Sep-09 14:07:27

cheesesarnie...glad hes a bit better.

Brave of your nursery thoughhmm

cheesesarnie Mon 21-Sep-09 14:10:49

thats what i thought.i went in to say that hes had a rash and thats it faded and i wasnt sure what to do and they took him.
they simple said if its faded it cant be anything too bad.and suggested heat rash but i really dont think thats it.

alypaly Mon 21-Sep-09 14:20:06

babies can get a rash called scarletina as a result of having a sore throat and it can cover the whole body. Keep an eye on his throat in case of bad sore throat

cheesesarnie Mon 21-Sep-09 14:35:19

ok thanks.i forgot to say,he doesnt seem to be finding it itchy.
i'll keep an eye on him.i feel bit bad for taking him to school at all now.

alypaly Mon 21-Sep-09 14:36:48

does sound like scarletina...thats not normally itchy

cheesesarnie Mon 21-Sep-09 14:38:13

bugger.i'll see what hes like later and if its flaired up again i'll try to get to gp tomorrow.

thanks!

cheesesarnie Mon 21-Sep-09 14:39:17

just looked at pics on google(bad i know) and does look very much like it!i googled heat rash and its defiantly not that as i thought.(can i just say i never normally google rashes!!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now