Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone's ds get sore skin on willy and testicles alot?

(10 Posts)
boneybones Sun 20-Sep-09 21:55:43

just wondering as my ds gets it every couple fo weeks there is an area on his willy half way up that looks sore and his testicles appear red underneath...bottom always sore

Not sure if its sweat from pants or from pull ups at night (not dry yet at night)

Furball Sun 20-Sep-09 22:02:09

he might be sensitive to your washing powder on his pants? or do you use bubble bath?

boneybones Sun 20-Sep-09 22:16:04

never use bubble bath and always use fairy or persil non bio so wouldnt of thought that was a problem

PrettyCandles Sun 20-Sep-09 22:19:54

Could it be thrush? Is it itchy?

boneybones Sun 20-Sep-09 22:29:09

no not itcy just looks red and I think its a bit sore so put some hydrocortazan cream on (seplling??) and it clears it

hubby gets sweaty in the warm weather aswell!!

PrettyCandles Sun 20-Sep-09 22:33:01

Maybe it's just a natural variation in the colour of his skin. Does he indicate that it is sore?

Ds1 pinches the loose skin around the base of his willy to direct it when he is peeing standing up. It sometimes looks red - presumably because o this - but when I ask he always says that it isn't sore.

boneybones Sun 20-Sep-09 22:41:17

no says his bottom is sore so I put cream on all red areas...I do think it may be in a pull up for 11 hrs per night

PrettyCandles Sun 20-Sep-09 22:46:33

Is he a good enough sleeper that he will tolerate you changing his nappy when you go to bed?

Furball Mon 21-Sep-09 06:47:28

maybe worth using something like Surcare (supermarkets sell it) to wash his pants in just to see?

We can't use Persil non bio in this house due to similar

Jumente Mon 21-Sep-09 07:02:12

I second avoiding bubble bath. We were offered a referral for circumcision a few years ago when ds had a sore willy. Then saw a different GP who said STOP using bubble bath, it usually is to blame for this shock

we stopped, no more probs. I wonder how many kids get circumcised for want of bubble bath stoppage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now