Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My daughter has painful yellow spots in her mouth.

(8 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Sun 20-Sep-09 09:20:49

Hi, my four and a half year old daughter has been complaining of a sore mouth since yesterday. I've had a look and the roof of her mouth and insides of her cheeks are quite red and she has a lot of spots with yellow heads.
She is not eating hardly anything, I'm trying to get her to drink as much as possible through a straw. She's been having calpol every 4 hours.
I just wondered if I should call Devon doctors on call? I think she'll probubly need anti biotics and if she does, it's best that she starts them as soon as possible.
Does anyone know what it could be? there are no other symptoms.

DiamondHead Sun 20-Sep-09 09:23:05

My Mum had a weird toungue thing like that a few months ago. It was very painful.

I'd take her to the doctors.

LedodgyDailyMailstinksofpoo Sun 20-Sep-09 09:24:54

It could be hand foot and mouth, does it look like this?

PlumBumMum Sun 20-Sep-09 09:24:56

Check her hands and feet, could be the start of hand foot and mouth

PlumBumMum Sun 20-Sep-09 09:25:29

x posts with ledodgy

LedodgyDailyMailstinksofpoo Sun 20-Sep-09 09:26:25

The mouth is often first with that too than in a day or so the blisters come out on the hands/feet.

mummyloveslucy Sun 20-Sep-09 09:31:05

Yes, it looks exactly like the link picture.
She dosn't have anything on her hands or feet at the moment though.

alypaly Mon 21-Sep-09 11:05:47

sounds like mouth ulcers. If she has a lot of them .see doc as she could be vitamin deficient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now