Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

referral for ds,7,asthma ~ what will they do?

(5 Posts)
ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sat 19-Sep-09 23:12:44

ds has been referred for his asthma to the paediatrics dept.
He has had it from babyhood and also has eczema and hayfever.
He went recently as he had a course of oral steroids after a fairly severe attack and has been on cont 2 puffs bd of clenil modulite.He has had steroids previously but we were only asked to see the asthma nurse before who went through his inhalers etc.

I was surprised the GP referred him as although I asked for advice on his meds did not actually request a referral.
He also has lots of triggers,the worst being viruses and exercise.

What will they do and is there a particular reason he was referred~ surely they don't refer all the children with asthma?

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sun 20-Sep-09 09:56:12

anyone else been referred for firther investigations?

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sun 20-Sep-09 09:56:36

oops.. further

PixieOnaLeaf Sun 20-Sep-09 13:13:45

Message withdrawn

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sun 20-Sep-09 13:44:51

Thanks Pixie smile

I had some info on dust mite and general measures from the nurse which I can't find now.

He is allergic to cat fur,horses,dust mites I think,moulds,tree pollens

His room can get moulds on the windows because of lots of condensation etc.

We went to France in the summer his chest was perfect but has been dreadful since we got home.

I think I'll get him a new mattress and anti dust mite covers ~he also rubs his nose all night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now