Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Very poorly dd2, MMR side effects or not?

(11 Posts)
Marne Sat 19-Sep-09 08:55:35

Hi, my dd2 had her MMR booster yesterday and this morning is very unwell sad, i have googled MMR and it says she shouldn't have any side effects for at least a week hmm. So is this something else? I had a bad cold a few days ago so it may be that. She has a very high temp (39),hasn't touched her breakfast (not like her at all) and is crying. She has ASD and is almost non verbal (she's 3.5 years old) so i can't ask her if anything hurts etc.

Is this the MMR? Swine flu? or just a cold?

Marne Sat 19-Sep-09 09:08:55

bump sad

wingandprayer Sat 19-Sep-09 09:12:23

Phone your out of hours doctor and don't be fobbed off by the assumption it's related to MMR. If she has sustained temperature she should be assessed by doctor. Have you given her paracetemol?

Marne Sat 19-Sep-09 09:14:33

Trying to get Calpol into her (which is hard work), her temp has gone up since taking her clothes off, she's sat up now (not crying) but still seems very unwell.

wingandprayer Sat 19-Sep-09 09:20:31

Hopefully now she is calmer you might have more luck getting the calpol down. In meantime, cool flannel and keep wiping her down, cool drinks, get a fan pointed at her if you have one, anything to get that temp down. But please phone doctor ASAP.

Marne Sat 19-Sep-09 09:36:50

I'm going to take her to A&E as its only 5 minutes away, doctor will take hours to phone back sad.

PixieOnaLeaf Sat 19-Sep-09 10:31:29

Message withdrawn

ShowOfHands Sat 19-Sep-09 10:34:26

Oh your poor girl. I hope it's "just" a virus. Please let us know how she is.

wingandprayer Sat 19-Sep-09 14:12:17

Sorry had to dash off earlier but hope your daughter is ok x

Marne Sat 19-Sep-09 18:15:49

Hi, i took her to A&E at 10am, she was floppy, temp very high, we waited for an hour and a half in A&E, in this time dd2 bucked up and started playing with the toys, her temp came back down and i managed to get a drink into her, by the time we saw a doctor dd2 was almost her normal self. The doctor checked her over and said it was a reaction to the MMR and to keep an eye on her temp and bring her in if it shoots up again.

So after all the worry dd2 is fine and has been running around all afternoon grin.

Thank you for all your advice, i was glad i took her in to put my mind at rest.

ShowOfHands Sat 19-Sep-09 18:22:20

Oh brill. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now