Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

11 month old, been sick a few times today but seems fine & full of beans.

(4 Posts)
BertieBotts Fri 18-Sep-09 18:52:23

He seems absolutely fine. Should I be watching out for anything? The sick has been projectile and I suppose I am just surprised as he was not a sicky baby so this is the first time he has been sick other than posseting.

Is it ok to feed him his tea? He had a bit of my sandwich earlier and didn't bring that up, also some orange, but on the bus home I gave him some blueberries and when we got off he was sick everywhere and there was a huge bit of orange segment skin in it.

BertieBotts Fri 18-Sep-09 19:02:06

Oh actually come to think of it, it's been about an hour after a milk feed (breastmilk) both times. I don't think I've eaten anything new recently.

artifarti Fri 18-Sep-09 19:09:32

It might be a tummy bug - my 12 mo DS had one a couple of weeks ago. He was off his food for a day and then I avoided anything too greasy, spicy, cheesy etc. for a day. He was full of beans too (unlike DP and I when we subsequently had it...) Just keep an eye on him to make sure he's drinking lots - and keep breastfeeding, as he'll get lots of liquid that way. And obviously, if you're worried about anything, give your GP a bell.

BertieBotts Fri 18-Sep-09 22:48:12

Think it must be a bug he is asleep now but has been sick twice since he has gone to bed. Tried feeding him again but he brought it straight up. So have been lying with him to get him to sleep, he is very sleepy. I am trying to watch for dehydration, any signs other than grogginess as at this time of night that is normal.

Grr these things always come at the worst time. It is looking like we will have to miss the joint NCT 1st birthday party And he probably won't get a party of his own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now