Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

fennel tea for windy 4 month old?

(3 Posts)
annady Thu 17-Sep-09 21:02:44

hello,
my dc2 (4 months) has always had something like mild colic / wind trouble - not every night, nothing like the nightmare many people have, i realise - but still at least a couple of nights a week he has bouts of screaming, always around 7 / 8pm, accompanied by leg-pulling, etc.
colief has helped but we still get the odd few nights in a row (his nappies are always really dark green afterwards too, and they smell much worse than usual...)
ANYWAY. i've heard that fennel tea might help a bit with his wind too, but am not sure the best way to give him a little? can i use tea bags or should i use seeds? he's bottle fed.
many thanks for any thoughts / advice,
a x

milknosugarplease Fri 18-Sep-09 01:46:53

hiya, im a nanny and my midee's mum swears by fennel tea! she breastfeeds so she drinks it but she got a hipp organic pack through

www.hippbabyclub.co.uk/user_registration.php

that came with a free fennel tea bag or baby and that seems to work aswell! sign up for the free plack and see if hell drink it

milk

annady Fri 18-Sep-09 12:34:06

thank you! will sign up but i've got some fennel tea bags here in the meantime, so i'll try some weak in water, is worth a shot.
thanks again,
a x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now