Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Spots / rash on lower back/bottom - what are they?

(7 Posts)
NormaSnorks Thu 17-Sep-09 14:39:52

DS (age 7) has had spots at the top of his buttocks (just above the crack!) He sometimes also complains of itching under his scrotum too, although there are no obvious spots etc there.

He's always scratch, scratch, scratching....

They're eally annoying him, and he keeps scratching them which of course makes them worse/flare up.

I don't think they are
- heat rash
- ezcema
- psoriasis
as I've cheked out pics of all these, and it's not the same

We haven't changed washing powder, so don't think it's an allergic reaction? He had them over summer, so not polyester uniform problem I don't think...

So far we've tried:

- Benadryl cream(no good)
- Anti-histamine - no good
- Calamine lotion - calms them down, but they come back as soon as we stop using it

What can they be? Do I need to go to the GP, or could the pharmacy help (DS doesn't want to have to publicly drop his trousers though.. grin)

Any ideas?

Seona1973 Thu 17-Sep-09 14:41:27

molluscum contagiosum maybe?

NormaSnorks Thu 17-Sep-09 14:44:32

Hmm , don't think so. DS1 had those, and they're much more like flesh coloured blobs?

DSs spots are red, and he scratched the top off them? hmm

NormaSnorks Thu 17-Sep-09 17:44:22

Can't find anything like them on Google - guess I may have to go to GP - seems a bit minor though!

bodeniites Thu 17-Sep-09 17:49:48

do you have a cat?

NormaSnorks Thu 17-Sep-09 18:11:41

No. No pets, why?

bodeniites Thu 17-Sep-09 18:30:07

sorry i thought they might be flea bites we have 5 cats and have had fleas they can give nasty bites the wee middens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now