Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

can i keep ds1 off school with a cold in only 2nd week of school

(6 Posts)
LargeLatte Tue 15-Sep-09 20:55:38

Ds1 - 4yrs 3mo started school last week and immediately picked up a cold. He was a bit snotty yesterday and today but seemed fine in himself and wanted to go so I sent him in. This evening he looks terrible! Got that real hang dog expression, snot is really thick, headache and a rumbly cough. Can I keep him off tomorrow - as I am writing this I'm thinking 'he sounds really ill of course he should be at home' but it seems a bit lame not even completing the first full week at school.

plonker Tue 15-Sep-09 20:59:13

Course you bloody can.

If he's poorly he can't concentrate in school anyway. And at 4.3 he's still a baby.

Oh and FWIW, I would never advocate keeping a child off school for a bit of a cold, but you know your ds best and if you think he's really ill then he definitely shouldn't be in school.

Hope he's feeling better soon

colditz Tue 15-Sep-09 20:59:54

You can keep your child off school whenever you deem it appropriate - they don't actually own him.

claricebeansmum Tue 15-Sep-09 21:01:57

Good grief yes and they will thank you - they wont want all his germs in school! Give him some time to get better.

Mutt Tue 15-Sep-09 21:02:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LargeLatte Tue 15-Sep-09 21:04:25

Thanks. If he's just as snotty tomorrow and feels ill I will prescribe a day in front of DVDs on sofa. School do make me feel like he's theirs not mine sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now