Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nitty Gritty combs - should I get one?

(11 Posts)
boneybones Mon 14-Sep-09 09:00:01

Ive got one I bought from supermarket metal one also got a qhite plastic one that seems to show them up but lots of talk on here about the nitty gritty - looked at site and not sure how it works.

Do I need one as they seem really expesive?

lucykate Mon 14-Sep-09 09:24:42

yes, get one. they have grooves which slice the eggs off the hair shaft, plus the teeth are closer together, so they really do get everything out. go to the nitty gritty site and there is a link to some info about getting one on prescription.

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 14-Sep-09 09:29:04

They are quite expensive, but its money you'll never regret spending.

They are so brilliant.

weegiemum Mon 14-Sep-09 09:30:27

Yes, there is nothing that deals with headlice like a nitty-gritty.

You can get them on prescription IIRC but might have to argue a bit with GP as they are expensive £10 I think.

Worth every penny!

MitchyInge Mon 14-Sep-09 09:32:56

life-changing nit comb, honest

moodlumthehoodlum Mon 14-Sep-09 09:34:09

Mitchy - is that a sentence you never saw yourself writing before you became a parent? wink

Dazmum Mon 14-Sep-09 09:34:18

Agree, worth every penny! I messed about with other things and heard about Nitty Gritty on MN - was horrified at the first use at how many it caught, but cleared them out (with Hedrin too) over a couple of days.

MitchyInge Mon 14-Sep-09 10:02:59

hahaha, yes moodlum!

have really really earned my nit stripes over the years grin

4andnotout Mon 14-Sep-09 10:10:12

It's tragic but the nity gritty is one of my best buys, it is worth every penny.

LadyMuck Mon 14-Sep-09 10:13:48

They're cheaper on Amazon.

Tambajam Mon 14-Sep-09 10:14:24

Nitty Gritty and conditioner is really all you need to deal with nits. Forget chemicals and forget plastic little combs that often come free with the chemicals. They sail past the eggs and often don't even seem to budge them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now