Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Haliborange try to deceive mumsnetters

(12 Posts)
onetiredmummy Thu 10-Sep-09 23:54:55

I think we would all agree that the purpose of mumsnet is to support each other in one of the most challenging times of our life - raising children. This is a forum where serious issues are discussed and where people from all walks of life are welcome to contribute.

However Haliborange, in an attempt to sell a product have violated this trust by inventing fictitious children and starting a discussion about the wonderful properties of their latest money spinner whilst pretending to be a parent. Am I alone in thinking that this is unacceptable and that it undermines the core values of this site. I urge everyone to consider whether this advertising should be condoned and and if not I suggest we boycott this product and any others belonging to Haliborange. They have shown a clear disregard for us, their consumer base & I suggest we reciprocate.

IdrisTheDragon Thu 10-Sep-09 23:57:06

?

I presume there is some thread I haven't seen.

LyraSilvertongue Thu 10-Sep-09 23:57:37

Where is this thread? I can't decide till I've seen it.

IdrisTheDragon Fri 11-Sep-09 00:01:26

Here's one

LyraSilvertongue Fri 11-Sep-09 00:11:33

Really, how did they expect MNers not to see through that Op? Do they think we're stupid?

paisleyleaf Fri 11-Sep-09 00:13:58

I'm not quite sure what's going on. I don't know that they are fictitious, or someone doing that Dubit thing that PortandLemon's linked to on that thread. Sort of like how your acquaintances might also try and sell you Usbourne or Pampered Chef stuff. The OP seems to have posted about other things too.
You're right though anyway. It's wrong and a sneaky way of advertising.
They got enough of a plug here from Doodle Do Chris

bubblerock Fri 11-Sep-09 00:16:28

They have probably just recruited parents via an agency like Dubit to promote the product via forums on the internet - like the Chuggington threads not so long back.

Yup - just googled and Dubit had the account for both products

paisleyleaf Fri 11-Sep-09 00:18:44

Sorry, I was looking at this one

LadyMuck Fri 11-Sep-09 00:18:44

Aren't haliborange products just filled with sugar though? Used their Omega3 products until someone pointed this out. No wonder the boys loved them!

Forgotherbookbag Wed 23-Sep-09 17:15:09

The thread has been removed! Can anyone tell me more about what haliborange did and how you knew that they were not being honest?

Thanks

LIZS Wed 23-Sep-09 17:18:10

Spam disguised as posts recommending their products

vesela Wed 23-Sep-09 20:13:35

It's pathetic - they can't even spell "mums" properly.

"Activity offline will include handing out product samples to other Mum's, educating them about the benefits of probiotics and their own personal experiences. Online they will create discussion within their trusted communities, seeding key messages and answering questions that other Mum's may have."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now