Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

A question about feet growth rates

(5 Posts)
posey Wed 09-Sep-09 19:39:21

Anyone know if it is a problem if children's feet barely grow in over a year (age 5 - 6 ish)? Child completely healthy and growing upwards, just feet remaining static.
Reassurance (or otherwise) sought!
TIA!

MissMoopy Wed 09-Sep-09 19:44:29

I'm sure it is. My daughter grows around half a centimetre in height a month - she's quite tall! But her feet haven't grown for nearly a year.

Elk Wed 09-Sep-09 20:09:58

My dd1 wore the same size shoes for the whole of nursery and reception as her feet didn't grow!!

posey Wed 09-Sep-09 21:09:46

Very reassuring, thank you!

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 10-Sep-09 09:33:33

Nothing to add, apart from beware of complacency. I took dd to buy some new shoes last year, she chose a pair and I asked the assistant for size 29, dd tried them on and said they felt comfy. Assistant took the sole out of the inside and got dd to stand on it, looked a bit perplexed and went away and got next size. Repeat this until size 32 is judged a good fit. DD hadn't realised that her shoes were too tight. Thank goodness she broke the bit where the velcro pull through or she'd have had bound feet.
Her feet had not grown for 18 months or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now