Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please tell me this doesn't sound like a broken finger

(6 Posts)
NervousNutty Sun 06-Sep-09 20:37:29

Dd2 just managed to bend her fingers back whilst on the trampoline.

First off she said that the base and middle of her middle finger hurt and now she is saying that the bae doesn't hurt so much, but that she can't bend the finger because the pain in the middle joint is too much.

It isn't swollen at all and she wasn't in so much pain that she wanted calpol.

I am hoping that she has just briused it, but I have no experiance of broken fingers so thought i'd ask on here.

PixieOnaLeaf Mon 07-Sep-09 08:26:23

Message withdrawn

campion Mon 07-Sep-09 12:53:22

Dislocation?

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 07-Sep-09 13:22:16

Put some ice on it, either a made for the purpose ice pack or some frozen peas. I think it would be worth a visit to a facility with x rays available.

NervousNutty Mon 07-Sep-09 13:23:12

Oh sorry, meant to update this this morning. She got up this morning and was absolutly fine, said it ached a tiny bit but she can now move and use it as normal.

CoteDAzur Mon 07-Sep-09 13:27:16

It sounds like some tendons were broken, not the bone.

If finger was broken, there would be no position where it would be comfortable, so pain would be continuous and not only when moving.

Fix this finger to the one next to it with two strips (not on the joints), allowing movement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now