Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby Acne?

(7 Posts)
McSnail Thu 03-Sep-09 17:00:26

Hi there - I think my newborn has baby acne. Her nose and cheeks have loads of little yellow spots and the skin around them is really quite red. Visiting midwife didn't seem too concerned, but does anyone know how long this lasts and is there anything I can use on it? It looks sore.

McSnail Thu 03-Sep-09 17:04:51

I'm breastfeeding, btw.

DrCosyTiger Thu 03-Sep-09 20:51:27

Hi McSnail, my DD had this too when she was very small. I think it's to do with the hormones in your milk but may be completely wrong about that! Anyway my experience was that it all cleared up by itself within a week or so, maybe couple of weeks at most - afraid that time period is a bit of a sleep deprived haze. I don't think it's too much to worry about.

McSnail Fri 04-Sep-09 15:17:50

Thanks drcosytiger. It probably just looks worse than it is...

pippa251 Sun 06-Sep-09 14:41:32

my 7 week old has the same thing, I asked the doctor at our 6 week check and she said it will clear up by its self but if it looks sore put sudacream on it.

jeminthecellar Sun 06-Sep-09 14:44:05

It's quite common, but if you are really concerned, talk to your HV

alypaly Sun 06-Sep-09 15:37:12

do either of you suffer from eczema .it could be seborrheic eczema ,look out for cradle cap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now