Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

teething or poorly?

(3 Posts)
lovelycupoftea Thu 03-Sep-09 14:19:22

just come back from the dr with my 15m old dd who has fairly high temp, not eaten for 2 days (but is drinking) listless and just wants to sleep all the time. dr says it is probably just teething? never had more than a few whinges with my other dd and ds and want to know if anyone else has had this happen?

BlueBumedFly Thu 03-Sep-09 21:51:19

I dont think poorlyness and teething are mutually exclusive, I think teething can make them poorly. She does sound like she is having a pretty rough time though.

If she is drinking then that is good, rules out the chances of dehydration. Have you dried yogurt with milk in (more like a drink) it can help to add sugars etc.

My DD will not touch food when she is teething, has managed to hold off for 4 days before now. Did he look in her ears and throat? No chance of oral thrush or an ear infection?

lovelycupoftea Fri 04-Sep-09 11:15:56

looked in ears but not mouth, but seems a bit better today though although no food still. will give the yoghurt a go later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now