Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Overpowering BO - what's the best deoderant dd can use?

(13 Posts)
CarGirl Wed 02-Sep-09 23:12:49

She's only 12 but the smell is very strong and it is very upsetting for her. What is there out there that will really work.

Hopefully it will only be for a year or so until her hormones settle down - <<hopefull emoticon>>?

differentID Wed 02-Sep-09 23:17:40

Go for something like sure 24 roll on. If she has hair growing there, might be a good time to have a biology lesson and a hair-removal lesson in one?

KingRolo Wed 02-Sep-09 23:19:18

DH uses Perspirex, it's proper hard core chemically stuff but it really does work. Mitchum is milder and does the trick too.

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 02-Sep-09 23:19:27

I think Mitchum do one in a green bottle that is extra super strength? It is a lot more expensive than other deodorants. Someone at work used to use it [not me, disclaimer].

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Wed 02-Sep-09 23:20:39

After much trial and error, my DD (nearly 12) has settled for a Vaseline Intensive Care roll on.
I don't want her to use a spray, but none of the 'natural' ones worked, so this is a compromise but she is happy with the performance.

pinkteddy Wed 02-Sep-09 23:23:47

another vote for mitchum. Comes in a roll on too if you prefer.

CarGirl Wed 02-Sep-09 23:24:34

She's using mitchum at the moment already!!!

Any chance of getting something on pescription o you think?

She's does hair removal, I've explained she needs to perhaps wash her pits during the day too. She is doing everything she can but it is very strong.

I'm now worried that this is a bigger problem than I initially thought. Other people have mentioned it to me (and obviously her) sad

LauraIngallsWilder Wed 02-Sep-09 23:25:08

My vote is for mitchum too

I havent bought any other brand since I discovered mitchum 5 years ago

LauraIngallsWilder Wed 02-Sep-09 23:26:22

X posts cargirl sorry

I would take her to the gp for advice then, if mitchum isnt working

CarGirl Wed 02-Sep-09 23:27:59

I will check which mitchum she is using and if it's the green one will take a trip to the drs with her. She will be so blush

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Thu 03-Sep-09 07:18:37

I'm not particularly sweaty or odoursome, but Mitchum doesn't work for me, nor my DD or DS.

I've always used Mum and as I said DD uses Vaseline Intensive Care, neither of which is particularly strong.

It might just be a matter of trial and error.

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 03-Sep-09 09:28:10

Poor girl. Either a trip to GP or, I think I remember seeing one that you apply for three days (or so) without washing it off.

bodiddly Thu 03-Sep-09 09:53:33

hi CarGirl .. poor dd .. perhaps buy a couple of different types that say they are stronger so she can try them at home before she goes back to school. Either that or have you considered talking to the pharmacist - they may know of something which can help! Some of the men's deodorants may be stronger as well - may be worth considering!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now